Inside the hall.

IMG_0416

San Francisco is having great weather.

IMG_0428

At the OnLive booth.

IMG_0434

The OnLive box and controller.

IMG_0408

Jealousy: A view from TimeGates’s hotel suite.

IMG_0409

Another

Me videoing around the show.

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 26, 2009 10:10:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, can we get your opinion on OnLive, since you've seen it in person? Do you think it's viable, or are you calling BS?

We've had some interesting discussions and linked articles so far, but we just have some low res videos

March 26, 2009 10:16:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"Ooo, food!"

March 26, 2009 10:25:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

lol n-gage.

March 27, 2009 7:55:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Timegate's still around?

You really do need to ask them to put Kohan: Ahriman's Gift on Impulse.

March 27, 2009 8:34:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ZubaZ waves to zoomba 

March 27, 2009 11:20:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
lol n-gage.

Well, N-gage isn't the 'hand-fail' that it was back in the day.   Now its a program designed to make it easier to develop games for phones and such by standardizing calls and such.

There were actually some booth babes in the career hall for realtime worlds, the people who made crackdown.    There were also at least one booth babe at the N*gage.

I don't know frogboy, I have to disagree.   I think gamer would enjoy being there.    As a regular gamer I think you could get your fill of gaming at the nintendo and sony booths.   Not to mention the wierd stuff like the tables you can touch and play games on.   Sure, its not E3, but I have more than my fill of nerdgasms, or gamergasms if you will.     Not as valuable as it is to those of us trying to get into the industry or network, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be still fun.

March 27, 2009 1:13:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Gah, didn't realize he got me on camera.  Thought I'd just be a disembodied voice.

GDC was an awesome event to attend.  No, it wasn't an E3 deal with product launches and game demos every 5 minutes, but it was a great opportunity to meet face-to-face with our peers in the industry.  Putting faces to the names and email addresses that fly back and forth across my inbox was great.  Being all the way out in Michigan when much of the industry is on the west coast makes it hard to get to meet these people, so events like GDC are key.

Though I wasn't there very long (flew in Wed morning, out Thurs night), I was able to meet a lot of great people.  The highlight was definitely the GDC TweetUp.  There are some really nice folks doing indie game dev work out in the Boston, MA area, and the GamerDNA folks were a pleasure to talk to too.

March 27, 2009 2:16:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

are the gamerDNA people related to the GameRNA people?   I met a few GameRNA guys, and made a joke about game DNA, not realizing that there was a gamerDNA group that actually might be related.    I should find their business card.

So did all of you go out thursday night, zoomba?

March 27, 2009 2:34:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
are the gamerDNA people related to the GameRNA people?   I met a few GameRNA guys, and made a joke about game DNA, not realizing that there was a gamerDNA group that actually might be related.    I should find their business card.

So did all of you go out thursday night, zoomba?

Never heard of GamerRNA myself, so I don't know (a google search just gives me GamerDNA as a possible correction). 

I didn't go out Thursday night since my plane left at 9:40pm.  I did manage to stop by the Australian Game Developers party ate Roe for about 30 mintures though before heading to the airport.  Had a brief chance to talk the folks at Auran (our Australian publishing partners) and sampled some delicious appetizers.

I did go to the GamerDNA/iBeta GDC TweetUp on Wednesday though and met a lot of great people from around the industry (and country).  I came back with a huge stack of business cards.  Some great ideas were talked about, so next week is going to be packed with follow-up calls and emails.

March 27, 2009 3:04:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm sure Zoomba is just happy to get back to his Mr Potato head collection at the office

March 27, 2009 6:23:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
I'm sure Zoomba is just happy to get back to his Mr Potato head collection at the office

I need to add more to the collection.  So far all I have are Darth Tater and Optimash Prime.

March 27, 2009 6:30:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Holy crap, they're real...

March 27, 2009 6:33:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah he showed me them one day lol....

March 27, 2009 9:25:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting arstal,
Timegate's still around?

You really do need to ask them to put Kohan: Ahriman's Gift on Impulse.

Thank you! Can I quintuple arstal's vote?

It is criminal that KAG (ie Kohan: Ahriman's Gift) still isn't available on electronic distribution somewhere. Best RTS ever - no joke (it helps that most so called RTS games are actually Real Time Tactics games rather than Strategy games).

I can only hope that the reason you were at Timegate's hotel suite is that you were discussing such things!

April 22, 2009 10:07:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
are the gamerDNA people related to the GameRNA people?   I met a few GameRNA guys, and made a joke about game DNA, not realizing that there was a gamerDNA group that actually might be related.    I should find their business card.So did all of you go out thursday night, zoomba?

I realize I'm a month late to this conversation, but I should clarify.  There was only one gameRNA person at the GDC, and that was yours truly.  We are not affiliated with GamerDNA in any way.  gameRNA is a rendering engine company, and GamerDNA is a social networking site.

If you talked to a gameRNA person at the GDC, you spoke to me.

Ted Goodridge aka starriderOU

April 22, 2009 10:10:18 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

<< removing accidental duplicate post >>

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: