1st Elemental Fan Trailer *Video inside*

At least I think its the 1st

By on March 10, 2009 1:03:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

landisaurus

Join Date 06/2008
+154

So, when I browse youtube for trailers I constantly bump into fan made trailers for unreleased movies and games.   They vary in quality from some as awesome as the thundercats trailer (photoshoped frame by frame) to some not so good (see the laundry list of kingdom hearts 3 trailers).   So I decided I wanted in on this fun, and so I grabbed some guys and film a trailer, now its an Elemental: War of Magic trailer.

I hope you enjoy it

Summary:  The idea is that they are playing a boring game, then the main guy decided he's tired of it and he's going to go join the dread lord's battle mages, Or maybe he's just joining his crazy cultist friends to play the PC game?  Ideally it leaves more questions than answers so people investigate further.

I directed and edited it

The main guy in the video is Micheal Sass, probebly the best C++ programmer I know personally, who is excited about this game

Shawn, the dude with the eye patch, is somebody we recruited because eye patches look cool

and the Camera man is a game design professor from UAT we somehow got to help us after he inquired to why we were walking around with cloaks, pizza, and a camera

Locked Post 23 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 10, 2009 1:21:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ha ha ha, oh my god that's awesome! I think you just won your own competition Landi

March 10, 2009 2:07:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

saying that it would win right now doesn't say much since there is only 1 entry and 5 winning spots.    While I don't expect everybody to make a trailer or something outlandish like that, I was kinda hoping that somebody would create something that took about as much time.

I mean, honestly this took 1 hour of shooting and maybe an hour of editing, at most, and only that much because I'm not really a video editor, I just have the software because I like re-encoding videos.

That may be a lot to do for nothing, but you get a shirt out of it right?  I figured that would be almost worth trying.     I was expecting at least a few stick-figure drawings with the word 'elemental' posted on photobucket as entries, or 'fan made trailers' that are just MoM videos with "Elemental" super imposed on thim.  

I'm really disheartened by the lack of turn out.  *sigh*  I've still got a couple of weeks before I can start claiming turnout were not what was desired on that.

March 11, 2009 1:37:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LOL! Awesome.

March 11, 2009 8:35:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice work!  Very cool!

March 18, 2009 10:01:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I loved the music!

Good work.

March 18, 2009 9:22:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't take credit for the music, I only edited it to remotly match what was happening.   The song is called 'fundamentum' 

March 29, 2009 1:02:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I made a change, I inbedded the video so you don't have to leave the comfort of the forums to watch it.  

I knew when I posted it that I should have done it this way in the 1st place, but for some reason it kept crashing my browser when I tried to update the HTML.   I decided I'd wait for some sort of update (either to my browser or the website) and try again.   And it appears to have worked.  

edit:

hmm...   of course now that it doesn't have a white background I am too aware of just how dark the 1st 10 seconds are....     Maybe I should edit that or something and re:upload it.

(suggestions are welcome)

March 29, 2009 1:42:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hahaha, wow. That absolutely rocks, dude. Excellent. Just brilliant, brilliant!

May 21, 2009 7:03:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

with the beta drawing near, I feel the need to pump this.   (it is apparent that some people missed it)

May 23, 2009 8:31:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice work! Haha, I would be curious if I saw guys walking around with cloaks, pizza, and cameras...

June 8, 2009 4:24:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm glad you liked it.

June 8, 2009 5:52:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good cheap fun.

Karma given!

June 19, 2009 6:33:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

perhaps I should re:edit this video to include the yeti.  (and a bear)

September 6, 2009 5:56:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I feel its about time I bump this.   new peeps are going to be looking at the forum, and this might give them something to see.

September 6, 2009 6:21:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yea, it's still good but dude...you're at PAX....give us some info!

September 6, 2009 11:58:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

like what?    There is a real trailer (or opening cutscene?) and its pretty awesome to watch.   (my favorite part is where the dreadlord? is railing fire upon the city)  but....  what would that tell you?   You've either already found it on game trailers, or you're now angry at me for teasing

I finally got a "no" out of boogie bac about the alternate world/underground.   But of course it was a no with a '*' suggesting it 'could' still be implemented, but at this time they have no plans for it prior to release.

we also got a "more likely to be play by e-mail than hotseat" from Brad.

September 6, 2009 12:15:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
like what? ... I finally got a "no" out of boogie bac about the alternate world/underground.   But of course it was a no with a '*' suggesting it 'could' still be implemented, but at this time they have no plans for it prior to release.

we also got a "more likely to be play by e-mail than hotseat" from Brad.

Like that.

September 6, 2009 12:33:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Like that.

*shh* you're logic stuff is no good hear.

but yeah, on the alternate plane thing.   The scope is apparently there were a few things that MoM 2 would feature, that would not be in Elemental to make sure that Elemental was its own entity, and that is pretty much the main thing that was in MoM that Elemental will likely not be seeing unless fans mod it in (that and your D&D ready cast of races)

(I wish I knew who rated my fan made trailer a 1 star, so I could go beat them up or something )

February 26, 2010 8:15:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Have we gotten any new trailers?   I haven't been keeping up.

February 26, 2010 10:39:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lol That's good stuff, Landi. Well done.

February 27, 2010 5:23:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome video

February 27, 2010 5:23:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Forum blurp.

August 27, 2010 3:40:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I approve of Vieuxchat's actions.

I am just humoring the idea of some of the newer users seeing this.  I posted this, what... march 2009?   There have been a few other videos since then by fans.  

Anybody care to help me collect them so we can get a 'fan-made-video' thread going?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: