What do we talk about the most in Elemental Ideas?

By on December 12, 2008 10:53:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lord Reliant

Join Date 03/2006
+39

See below, according to our word cloud, courtesy of (http://www.wordle.net/create).  I'm somewhat suprised Bear isn't larger than what it is.

Locked Post 27 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 12, 2008 11:03:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger,.......?

Well, no surprise about Channeler there. It's the main attraction after all.

December 12, 2008 12:03:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is the word cloud for the forums as a whole? Oddly enough Channeler seems to be the least mentioned worde I have come across. At least in the ideas forum.

December 12, 2008 12:15:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger,.......?

Well, no surprise about Channeler there. It's the main attraction after all.

Wrong game.  That's ST HD remix.

and I'll counter with Yoga Yoga Yoga Yoga...

December 12, 2008 12:31:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

At least spells seem to be getting as much as much attention as ursines. Also interesting that water seems to be the standout element at the moment.

Quoting Tamren,
Is the word cloud for the forums as a whole? Oddly enough Channeler seems to be the least mentioned worde I have come across. At least in the ideas forum.

Good question. I don't always pay attention to whether a thread's in Elemental general, Dev Journals, or Elemental Ideas, but I see channeler regularly (maybe in part because I type it regularly).

December 12, 2008 1:20:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

that is pretty awesome. 

I'm surprised 'warlord' is so big, since I don't really remember anybody saying it.   Channeler, world, game, cities, option, and so on are a given.  They will be brought up over and over again in most threads (where bear might be said maybe once every other post as part of an almost joke).   Then words like 'appropriate' start to slip in I guess because apparently most other common adjectives and articles are ignored by that list.   That being said, Bear still looks like near the end of the top-ten most used words.

December 12, 2008 1:45:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
that is pretty awesome. 

I'm surprised 'warlord' is so big, since I don't really remember anybody saying it.  ...

Hmm. I think that the 'word cloud' thing is being a bit stymied by the Stardock 'forums cloud.' Looks like the hits for Warlords might be because cross-forum areas like Off-Topic and PC gaming are accessible via forums.elementalgame.com.

December 12, 2008 4:13:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love how "BEAR" is right in the middle of the cloud I don't know about you guys, but now every time I type one of the words used more often than bear, I'm going to be inclined to use bear at least once to bring this cloud to where it should be

This post has been a good start!

Also, I'm assuming these word cloud generators exclude certain words like prepositions? Otherwise I'd imagine that the words "THE" and "IT" and "TO" and the like would be so big that you wouldn't be able to read the others...

December 12, 2008 5:14:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I pointed it to an RSS feed for the Elemental Ideas forum, so it's not 100%, but not a bad general overview.

December 12, 2008 5:16:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pigeonpigeon,
I love how "BEAR" is right in the middle of the cloud I don't know about you guys, but now every time I type one of the words used more often than bear, I'm going to be inclined to use bear at least once to bring this cloud to where it should be

This post has been a good start!

Also, I'm assuming these word cloud generators exclude certain words like prepositions? Otherwise I'd imagine that the words "THE" and "IT" and "TO" and the like would be so big that you wouldn't be able to read the others...

I assume it ignores common words, too.

To be honest, I kept re-generating the cloud until "bear" was more easily identifiable, but even in the others it was prominent, just not as easy to spot.

December 12, 2008 7:11:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay! Fun with words!... also,....... BEAR!!!

December 12, 2008 7:49:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

These forums are so friendly.... SWEAR SOME MORE U (insert word or phrase here)! Hell think what bungies forums would look like... I'll stop myself there.

December 12, 2008 7:51:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Almost forget BEAR, BEARS, BEAR RAGE, BEAR MOUNTS, ...cubs, BEAR KNIGHTS and DAAA BEARS! ...space pony?

December 13, 2008 9:16:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Reliant,
To be honest, I kept re-generating the cloud until "bear" was more easily identifiable, but even in the others it was prominent, just not as easy to spot.

Haha!  

December 13, 2008 10:26:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hawawaa,
Almost forget BEAR, BEARS, BEAR RAGE, BEAR MOUNTS, ...cubs, BEAR KNIGHTS and DAAA BEARS! ...space pony?

Very nice!

December 13, 2008 12:05:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hawawaa,
Bear, bears, bears, paladins, bears, paladin, paladins on bears, bear paladins, knights bears, and so on.

I'm suprised "Calvary" isn't in there, somewhere.

December 18, 2008 2:31:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm just going to go ahead and bump this, since if I just edited my post, I'd never get an answer.

How do you use that page? I tried generating some (trying Elemental forums first), but I just couldn't get it to work.

December 18, 2008 6:14:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm suprised "Calvary" isn't in there, somewhere

Cavalry IS in there.  its near the top in yellow.   The thing is that we call just 'bears'  'bear cav' 'bear riders' and so forth rather than just 'cavalry' which is why it is so low.

December 18, 2008 6:28:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,

Cavalry IS in there.  its near the top in yellow.   The thing is that we call just 'bears'  'bear cav' 'bear riders' and so forth rather than just 'cavalry' which is why it is so low.
Yeah, but I didn't say Cavalry. I said Calvary!

December 18, 2008 9:56:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess not enough people mispell it.

December 19, 2008 12:21:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In that case, I hope you include Shrads!

December 19, 2008 10:51:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
I guess not enough people mispell it.
It's a running gag, because it's misspelled in every single link or screenshot by Stardock.

April 28, 2009 7:25:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,
I'm just going to go ahead and bump this, since if I just edited my post, I'd never get an answer.

How do you use that page? I tried generating some (trying Elemental forums first), but I just couldn't get it to work.

sorry to necro, but I figure you deserve an answer, just click on the rss symbol of the forum, should be in blue on the top right and the past the resulting url in the correct place

April 28, 2009 8:52:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We should totally get an updated word cloud

(bear bear bear < for good measure in case one is created)

(I tried, but it apparently doesn't like my version of Java or the particular RSS feed I gave it)

April 29, 2009 4:44:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
May 22, 2009 9:00:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

FYI- the link above is missing the l for "elemental", as right now it points to "elementa".

I don't like the new cloud- I didn't see the word bear in there anywhere!

FYI- I believe it's only taking the info that would be present in an RSS feed, so replies don't count, just post titles and perhaps some info in the descriptions.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: