Draw the mount you'd like to see in Elemental

Any mount real or not (invented)

By on December 5, 2008 6:44:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

FlyGuy

Join Date 02/2008
+7

I just did one on Paint. Its just one of them. Paticipe if you want to, do not need to be skilled or anything.

Edit2 http://i35.tinypic.com/icmkjb.jpg

Edit3 http://i42.tinypic.com/28r1mig.jpg

Edit5

Edit6

The Bear want friends

Locked Post 52 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 5, 2008 7:48:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This

I may have had somethign to drink tonight, why do you ask?

December 5, 2008 7:50:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its not bad, looks like a bug tough. You know, that armored rideable bugs, it looks like pincers in the front.

December 5, 2008 7:55:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not even going to try to draw Natalie Portman ...

imirk removes mind from gutter ... eh whats the use?

December 5, 2008 8:37:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting FlyGuy7,
Its not bad, looks like a bug tough. You know, that armored rideable bugs, it looks like pincers in the front.
It's mouth and teeths, dammit!

ps: I find your loudmouthed support of unicorns quite offensoive please cease and desist immediatlyo r I'll sic lawuyers on you or somethin'!

December 5, 2008 8:41:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Luckmann,

Quoting FlyGuy7, reply 2Its not bad, looks like a bug tough. You know, that armored rideable bugs, it looks like pincers in the front.It's mouth and teeths, dammit!

Ok thats a cute bear then. I'm almost feeling has I'm hugging it. /jk

December 5, 2008 8:47:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aw crap, I read the topic wrong! I thought it said "Draw the moment you'd like to see in Elemental"

Well, dragon mount then  

December 5, 2008 8:54:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You did that just now. If you did that you're professional about it and you are excludig everybody dam, also don't forget the other feet. thats a /j but its really good.

December 5, 2008 9:34:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting FlyGuy7,
You did that just now. If you did that you're professional about it and you are excludig everybody dam, also don't forget the other feet. thats a /j but its really good.

Thanks!  But yeah, I kinda study art at the moment, focusing on digital art. Dream job would be drawing conceptual art for games. That would be AWESOME!

December 5, 2008 10:32:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting FlyGuy7,

He didn't forget it... The dragon was making fun of Frogboy... Luckily for the dragon, Frogboy let him off with a warning

December 5, 2008 11:02:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting alway,
Quoting FlyGuy7, reply 7You did that just now. If you did that you're professional about it and you are excludig everybody dam, also don't forget the other feet. thats a /j but its really good.

He didn't forget it... The dragon was making fun of Frogboy... Luckily for the dragon, Frogboy let him off with a warning

I'll go with that, yeah, that could be what I meant.

December 6, 2008 9:32:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh ok. If you make any more, don't forget to add it

December 7, 2008 1:07:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not an illustration... but important for all of science.

December 8, 2008 3:46:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I stole this one. I repeat I did NOT draw this!

December 8, 2008 5:52:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, Polistes, you are an awsome drawer!!!

December 8, 2008 9:57:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is a really awesome idea.   Sadly I'm in finals and haven't had time to do any art since the last emblems I put up in the avatar page.

I'll be adding some for sure !

December 23, 2008 12:48:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As I mentioned, I would draw the 'strange earthy elemental' thing that I wanted to see in the game.   So here I go.

I did draw this, yes      I tried to come something almost close to the style of some of the art we already have (except their artist are payed money to make it much more detailed and with a background, which I am not)

enjoy.   (I have since decided I want to create mounts for all 5 elements .  fire is probebly next)

(I know the shading is uneven.  but I'm too lazy to fix it, so if you noticed, bite me)

earth thing

*note:  I hearby give permission to stardock to use any original art I place on this forum (such as this)  for whatever purpose they want (this may be part of a user-agreement to the forums somewher, but I don't remember seeing it).   all I would ask is to be at least mentioned in credits somewhere (though I may be able to be talked down in price )

December 23, 2008 5:52:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

why is Boba Fett carrying an axe and riding your strange earthy elemental?

December 23, 2008 6:11:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thats an interesting mount, I like the way it moves...

I pronounce it Murderous Mud Spider-esque of Earth or Murderous Earth Elemental of the Stinky Soil aka 'Mess'.

Edit:

The draw is not a mess of course, it's plausible and a bit genial if I dare to say so, because it seems very hard to invent some kind of new plausible mount physionomy (tought copied from a spider ... Boom, lawsuit!), but it's just the way I call the thing.

Some village folks will even refer sometimes: "It's 'the monster of earth: Mess!'"

My parents told me once, before abandoning me, that I should be a comedian, can anyone take it if I say I didn't beleaved them?

December 23, 2008 10:08:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That 'strange earthy elemental' thing reminds me of Ralph Bakshi's Wizards. Now there's an interesting theme for an Elemental mod, but not for kids!

December 23, 2008 12:09:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

why is Boba Fett carrying an axe and riding your strange earthy elemental?

Because he's badass?!

Well done Landi that's an amazing picture of a thingy!

This thread is great

December 23, 2008 1:10:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I imagine it moving similarly to the boar demon from the begining of 'Princess mononoke'

(BTW, I LOVE  wizards)

not for kids

WHAT!?   I totally watched that movie as  a kid    what about filling faries full of bullets isn't for kids? I mean hitler is a message the whole family can enjoy.  Its got lovable characters like the homicidal assassin robot 'peace' and an almost naked fairy.   Its got good catch frases like "SLUT!  *pow* *pow*"  and "I'm glad you changed your last name, you son of a bitch *pulls out a gun and shoots the other guy*"

hmm.... thinking back, maybe that isn't the mood you want for your children....  maybe that explains why I grew up the way I am

December 29, 2008 8:12:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mumakill from LoTR.   4-horned mammoth with a palaquin back-mount for a balista or archers.

January 1, 2009 1:00:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would be easier to make the mount in Spore...

January 1, 2009 2:40:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's a nice program. I had these stored, that I got from the internet long ago (don't know who did it): http://i42.tinypic.com/zxmfxt.jpg Any way, is just to give an idea.

January 3, 2009 4:47:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is another.  I'm a little sad it took me so long, the actual mount itself was done before christmas, but I too a long time creating the background.   Mostly because I'm lazy and didn't want to do anything during break, but also because I tried to mimic the style of elemental with the background.

as you can see I did a full background.   I think the trees look sorta close to the official artwork counterparts.  I think making them seem similar makes it a more believable mount.  OF course there are differences.  For example, the realy elemental trees have just round trunks without any of that fancy roots growing out stuff.  In highsight, I now realize I might want to fix that pine tree (that you can't see anyway) since the root thing doesn't really happen on pine tree trunks.   Another thing is I didn't do any of those little trees, in the screenshots there are trees that are shaded differently just having a dark outline without the speckled shading that the larger trees have.   But who is really looking that close anyway?

The beam of light is coming from a wizard tower.  The other artwork showed beams of light coming from a tower, so I figured the main wizard towers would do something similar.  Not knowing what a wizard tower would look like, I just used the classic MoM.

The moon is based on earth's moon, I wondered if the mon(s) of Elemental would be the same or not.  I considered making it a different color with different crater markings, but I decided against it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0007875   Page Render Time: