Pre-Ordered and in it for the Long Haul: Sound Off

By on November 4, 2008 2:16:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

dfalken

Join Date 03/2007
+4

Ok, I'm all set!  Now, let's sound off.  Who all has pre-ordered and are actively monitoring the forums.

Locked Post 352 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 24, 2008 12:55:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Feet,
I'm not in yet. I'm not sure if they take the money yet, but just in case I'm waiting till after Christmas to pre-order. Times is tight, yo.

They will take your order now and not bill until the first beta release becomes available, so you have from now until beta 1 to change your mind.

(I saw some chatter about an oopsie billing or two, but I think that's been fixed at the online store and the people who answer sales@stardock.com are always helpful.)

November 26, 2008 10:41:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I beta tested the original MoM so I guess you could say I've been waiting 14 years for this opportunity.

November 28, 2008 1:10:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

not preordered, but going to monitor the forums for the next year and a half hopefully. will preorder when beta is available.

December 1, 2008 5:13:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll probably preorder when I finally get me a credit card (the main reason I'm not busy beta-testing Demigod right now)

I only picked up DL by chance in a games store a few years back.  I currently have DL, DA, TA, SoaSE...

December 4, 2008 9:57:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh yeah.  Definately in.  It was hard to stop playing Galciv 2 long enough to order, but its been done .

My friends and I still play Age of Wonders Shadow magic in a league, and all of us think those discs are gonna get dusty as soon as the beta hits.

Is there a way to know if we preordered in time to get in on the initial beta?  I'm willing to submit a resume as a die hard stardock fan!

December 4, 2008 10:19:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm in.

Sammual

All hail the frog! 

December 12, 2008 9:30:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Count me in. Last game in development I was this obsessed with was Vanguard and that turned out to be a bitter disappointment, an awesome success and again a bitter disappointment (in number of players, it's an awesome game and deserves a million or three but has a tiny fraction of that).

And Elemental... has all the makings of a truly awesome game without's VG's downfall. The investors appear to be coding it lol

December 18, 2008 7:16:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just ordered yesterday and really looking forward to this.

These style games are easily my favorite and it is really cool that Stardock is giving us the opportunity to get in the beta so early.  I have always wanted to do that on a title that interests me.  Now, I just need to find the time in a busy life to keep up with it .

December 31, 2008 7:09:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I ordered as soon as I could with my last remaining tokens a few months back. Today I actually found time to update my two machines to Impulse. Very nice looking app for sure! Picked up all my TGN games no problem. Only one not listed is Elemental, but I guess that's due to it being so far off yet. My tokens are gone though on Stardock Central, so I guess I've "paid" for Elemental already. No idea how the money transfers are handled.Will likely get entrancement for SOASE through Impulse soon to see how it works!

Looking forward to tomorrow when we'll be able to say that we'll play Elemental: War of Magic this year

December 31, 2008 1:07:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

::waves hand around frantically...::

Count me in.

January 4, 2009 9:32:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep Me too! Now for the wait but hopefully a Beta very soon!

January 4, 2009 9:36:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree with Hawawaa.

January 6, 2009 2:00:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Pre-ordered. As a long time fan of MoM and fantasy 4X in general, E:WoM looks very promising.  I played the GalCiv2 beta from very early on and was very appreciative of Stardock's efforts to make good use of user feedback and make smart changes prior to release.  Hoping for more of the same with Elemental and looking forward to beta.

January 9, 2009 2:34:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I Pre-Ordered last night...  very happy about the following features:

1) Use of the 64-bit OS for huge maps

2) Customizable AI Personalities

3) Random Game Generator

4) Game Map Editor

and I'm praying we'll see unpredictable traveling weather and unpredictable natural disasters as an optional feature!

January 13, 2009 4:44:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh yes, I'm in too!

I've loved thier other games and just the tidbits they have given out I'm going to love this one too!

January 14, 2009 6:24:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes! In some ways, I've been waiting since 1993 for this. I'm terribly excited! My boyfriend keeps laughing at me when I mutter to myself how much I want to play this game NOW, DARN IT, NOW.

January 14, 2009 10:27:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am an old MoM fan and very much looking forward to beta.  I have already recruited 3 friends for online games.

January 15, 2009 3:17:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Preordered a while ago.

Is it done already? No? How about now?

January 19, 2009 11:51:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

raises hand

January 20, 2009 11:29:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm in this one for the long haul.  I've been looking for a game like this for quite awhile, and if anyone can pull it off I think Stardock can.

January 20, 2009 4:33:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I never preorder games, except for Stardock games that is. In fact I've been playing games for 15+ years and the first game I ever preordered was Twilight of the Arnor after I picked up Galatic Civilizations 2 (gold pack I think, the one with vanilla and the first expansion) on a whim and got hooked. I had never actually heard of Stardock before that but now I've purchased every one of their major releases since then(Sins, Demigod, etc.)

Allowing paying customers to get into betas is really a great idea and I have to wonder why other compnaies don't do the same. Because of that policy I have preordered Demigod as well and just a few days ago I preordered Elemental. I would have preordered it back when it was announced but somehow I missed the fact that it had been announced until a few days ago(even though I've been looking forward to it when it was still known as not-MOM). At any rate I'll be sticking around for the long haul, although I'll probably be lurking mostly at least until the beta comes out. At which point I'm sure I'll start posting a lot.

January 20, 2009 7:52:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I never preorder games, except for Stardock games that is. In fact I've been playing games for 15+ years

I have to agree with all three statements , never preorder, except for stardock, been playing for over 15 years now.

January 20, 2009 9:55:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm creeped out by being able to give exact years worth of play.   I've been playing games for 19 years I recon  (said like an old man).  I can only estimate since I was 3 years old at the time.      I feel like such a little kid having been too young to remember when I started.

I do remember the fault that really got me into gaming and computers.   my mother taught me how to get to pac-man all by myself (this was impressive since I couldn't even read yet.  it was during pre-school)  (I also remember how I couldn't believe when I saw a computer that didn't go to a dos prompt first and at least require the typing of 'win' to reach windows 3.1 )

So I guess neither of you played the original master of magic?  (I got my copy about 16 years ago, which I assume most people did)

January 21, 2009 12:17:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,

So I guess neither of you played the original master of magic?  (I got my copy about 16 years ago, which I assume most people did)

Nope never played it. However, I do occasionally play really old games that I missed playing when I was growing up or that came out when I was too young to have played them. Graphics don't matter much to me; if a game is fun I'll play it.

January 21, 2009 4:15:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
I'm creeped out by being able to give exact years worth of play.  ...

Faugh, if this game's audience turns out to be even roughly similar to the one for GalCiv2, there will be plenty of us far older than you twenty-somethings. If you want to see some interesting anecodtal data about age and interest in a 4X game, read the How old are you thread at GC2.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: